The move to add President Trump’s name to the Kennedy Center after the board voted in favor 23-3 last week has been delayed, for now.
An overnight filing was submitted in the lawsuit brought by Kennedy Center Board Member Rep. Joyce Beatty (D-Ohio), who’s been in an ongoing fight with the board, whose other members were almost entirely appointed by Trump.
As BizPac Review reported last week, “the Trump-appointed board voted to re-add the president’s name to the building’s facade in defiance of U.S. District Judge Christopher Cooper, who blocked the changing of the name to the ‘’Trump-Kennedy Center.’”
The board voted to “inscribe the words “Restored and Renovated by President Donald J. Trump” below the venue’s name and designate an outdoor area as “The President Donald J. Trump Plaza.”
Scaffolding and tarps covering a plaque with Trump’s name have reportedly been erected amid the legal battle, and the arts center told a federal Judge Tuesday that Trump’s name wouldn’t be seen until at least September 8th.
Beatty’s lawyers aren’t buying it.
There is “every reason to believe that Defendants will attempt to effectuate some or part of this latest unlawful resolution at the earliest opportunity after September 8,” they said in a joint report, while pushing Judge Cooper for a decision in the case.
“It has become clear that Defendants are maintaining scaffolding and a tarp to cover the Kennedy Center’s façade to frustrate the intent of the Court’s order that the Center be returned to a memorial exclusively honoring President Kennedy,” Beatty stated in the report.
“It bears emphasis: On the law, the latest renaming resolution is a breathtaking act of defiance, Beatty continued. “Adding the words ‘Restored and Renovated by,’ or ‘Endowed by,’ before President Trump’s name, and renaming the ground on which the building sits, provides no lawful basis to ignore this Court’s decision and impose Donald Trump’s name on a memorial dedicated by the Congress exclusively to a different President.”
- Anti-Trump Airman arrested on Capitol steps detained a second time - August 20, 2026
- CNN panel GOES OFF on Scott Jennings after defense of Natalie Harp - August 20, 2026
- Bessent announces stricter rules for tax refunds to end illegal alien kickbacks - August 20, 2026
Comment
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.
