U.S. Rep. Eric Swalwell, the Democrat from California who allegedly engaged in a sexual relationship with a suspected Chinese spy, having fallen victim to a CCP honeytrap, continues to prove to anyone still paying attention that he’s not a serious person.
Swalwell, who was finally removed from the House Intelligence Committee when Republicans took control of the lower chamber, seems to be an attention junkie and his latest ploy to draw eyes is to sponsor a bill looking to bar former President Donald Trump from ever entering the U.S. Capitol again.
Introduced last week by U.S. Rep. Nikema Williams, D-Ga., the concurrent resolution has but one sponsor — Swalwell.
“[W]hen the village nearly burns down, we don’t invite the arsonist back to visit. Duh,” he tweeted while complaining about “an attack” from Fox News for reporting on the story.
How far will Fox go to attack me? This isn’t even my bill — it’s a brilliant bill written by @RepNikema. Which, of course I support! And by the way, when the village nearly burns down, we don’t invite the arsonist back to visit. Duh. https://t.co/4aEKW3ebYF
— Rep. Eric Swalwell (@RepSwalwell) February 22, 2023
The concurrent resolution reads: “The Sergeant at Arms of the House of Representatives, the Sergeant at Arms and Doorkeeper of the Senate, and the United States Capitol Police shall take such actions as may be necessary to prohibit President Donald John Trump, Steve Bannon, Mark Meadows, Dan Scavino, Peter Navarro, Jeffrey Clark, John Eastman, Kenneth Cheseboro, and Rudy Giuliani from entering the United States Capitol.”
Turns out, Williams, who represents Georgia’s fifth district, which was formerly represented by the late Congressman John Lewis, first introduced the measure on Jan. 13, 2021, the same day the House voted to impeach Trump on a charge of inciting an insurrection following the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol.
The resolution claims that the Jan. 6 protest “damaged the functions of our democracy,” and falsely states that the protest “claimed the lives of five law enforcement officers.”
H.Con.Res.19 would also ban former Trump aide Steve Bannon; former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows; former White House deputy chief of staff Dan Scavino; former Trump assistant Peter Navarro; former Assistant Attorney General Jeffrey Clark; and Trump attorneys John Eastman, Kenneth Chesebro and Rudy Giuliani.
As for Swalwell’s quest for attention, after Speaker Kevin McCarthy removed him from the House Intel committee, the Democrat claimed he received rape and death threats against his family, according to Fox News.
“It inspires these death threats. People parrot what Kevin McCarthy is saying when they call and make the threats,” Swalwell said.
“He knows that. We’ve told this to him. I have told this to him. I have, you know, publicly broadcast to him that when you do this, it leads to threats to me, my wife, our kids,” he added. “Recently, someone said that they were going to rape and kill my children, and they were using the language that Kevin McCarthy was using.”
DONATE TO AMERICAN WIRE
If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to American Wire News to help us fight them.
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.