Establishment press silent as as migrant caravan heading for US overruns Mexican National Guard

CHECK OUT WeThePeople.store and WeThePeople.wine for holiday gifts and awesome snarky swag!


The national U.S. establishment press, aside from Fox News, has yet to report on it, but a violent migrant caravan from Guatemala is currently en route to the U.S. southern border in anticipation of the Biden administration nixing Title 42 on May 23rd.

“Yes, I have been informed a caravan is planning on leaving Guatemala with the intent to arrive at the US Border on May 23,” National Border Patrol Council President Brandon Judd confirmed in an email to Fox News.

He added that the caravan will likely be broken into several sub-groups before it reaches the border.

“The problem with caravans is that they often break up into smaller groups after crossing into Mexico. Organized crime or the cartels have them break up prior to arriving at our border due to the optics. I can’t say whether this will happen with this particular caravan, but that has been the trend,” he said.

In addition to completely ignoring this incoming caravan, the U.S. establishment press has also ignored reports about the Mexican National Guard being overrun by this violent caravan near Mexico’s border with Guatemala.

“Desperation led the migrants to charge the police cordon, which could not contain their advance. They had been waiting for their [papers] for months, in order to proceed to the United States. Shouting ‘Freedom!’, they made their way through helmets, batons, and shields,” Univision reported, according to NewsBusters.

“They shoved each other and in fact ran over fallen undocumented who the guardsmen then tried to detain. They march jubilantly through several towns. Afterwards, another unit attempted to stop their advance. Using as a battering ram the cross that they carried in peace, they once again advanced by force.”

Listen:

To their credit, the national press has at least covered the nixing of Title 42 and what it’s expected to mean for the country, in part because even Democrats have been complaining about this upcoming move by the Biden administration.

“I warned them about this months ago, talking to CBP about it and the Department of Homeland Security, and they do not have a plan in place on how to deal with the increased numbers. And it’s going to be … to be honest, it’s going to be a crisis on top of a crisis,” Arizona Sen. Mark Kelly, a Democrat, said this week to local station WGUN.

Nevada Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto meanwhile released a statement earlier this month slamming the administration for nixing 42 “without a detailed plan.”

“This is the wrong way to do this and it will leave the administration unprepared for a surge at the border,” she said.

The Washington Post notes that “similar accusations have come from” other Democrats, including Kelly, Michael F. Bennet, Maggie Hassan and Raphael Warnock.

“Kelly and Hassan are co-sponsoring bipartisan legislation that would delay the scheduled May 23 removal of the Title 42 policy for at least 60 days beyond the sunset of the covid national emergency declaration, which was recently renewed into July. Hassan and Kelly also recently visited the southern border,” according to the Post.

Even failed 2018 Texas Senate candidate and 2020 presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke, a far-leftist who’s currently running for Texas governor, has warned of the dire consequences of nixing Title 42 without a plan.

“It does not make sense to end this until there is a real plan and the capacity in place to handle those and address those that come over. I have yet to hear a plan from the Biden administration to address the dynamic we will have on the border once Title 42 ends,” he said this week to The Texas Tribune.

“Everyone is legitimately concerned about the lack of a plan. We should hold the federal government accountable for doing its job, and they’re not doing that,” he added.

Though, to be clear, O’Rourke supports ultimately ending Title 42, albeit with some sort of plan in place.

All this comes as the border continues to be flooded with illegal aliens, despite Title 42 not having even been nixed yet.

According to former immigration judge and migration expert Andrew Arthur, the Biden administration has already released 1.5 million illegals into the U.S. and has no plans of stopping anytime soon.

“This is not ‘open borders,’ or ‘catch and release.’ It is ‘no border’ with federal travel assistance,” he said to the Washington Examiner.

Indeed, the situation is so out of control that one unnamed Border Patrol officer told Carine Hajjar of National Review that it’s as if “this administration doesn’t care at all.”

DONATE TO AMERICAN WIRE

If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to American Wire News to help us fight them.

Thank you for your donation!
Vivek Saxena

Comment

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.

Latest Articles