Italian TV ‘ruthlessly’ mocks Joe Biden: ‘They’re all laughing at us’

Parody instead of “propagandists” provided the latest glimpse into “what the world thinks of Biden.”

Whether considering Jason Sudeikis, Woody Harrelson, or Jim Carrey’s own 2020 election cycle stint on “Saturday Night Live” as then-former Vice President Joe Biden, portrayals of the politician whose held office for roughly the same number of years the NBC show has aired have often been more than flattering.

The same could not be said of a skit from an Italian program that went viral as depicted some of the most troubling behaviors of the octogenarian whom corporate media has endeavored to keep concealed behind the curtain like their own personal Wizard of Oz.

Sharing the clip on X, Outkick founder and radio host Clay Travis commented on the bumbling performance that zeroed in on the incoherent ramblings of the president, “Italian TV is mocking Joe Biden more ruthlessly than any American comedians are. This is what the world thinks of Biden, they’re all laughing at us. This what SNL would be doing if they weren’t Democrat propagandists.”

After first missing the podium, and then passing it again in a state of confusion, the actor portraying Biden opened his remarks first mistaking Israeli President Isaac Herzog with the deceased final leader of the Soviet Union, Mikhail Gorbachev, before naming former NBA star Michael Jordan instead.

“I said to the president of Israel, Mikhail Gorbachev…” the actor said as an off-screen reporter attempted to lead toward a correction. “Sorry, Michael Jordan, when he went to the moon…long shot from Dallas.”

“Sorry, it wasn’t the moon, it was Mars. ‘Mars Attacks.’ Beautiful film where Netanyahu sang, ‘Somewhere over the garage,'” the performance went on before a briefcase representing the nuclear football was pulled out and opened to reveal a giant red button.

Announcing, “I forgot to take the pills,” the Biden character pushed the button and the screen cut to an explosion..

The Italian skit was only the latest depiction of Biden from around the world as many Americans see the incumbent, an elderly man likely suffering from some form of mental degradation.

On multiple occasions, the Saudi Arabian state-run television program “Studio 22” has parodied Biden’s struggles with stairs and staying awake while a rather masculine version of Vice President Kamala Harris endeavored to compensate for his foibles.

The favorable coverage and aviator-sporting representations of Biden on American television hadn’t proven effective enough to dispel concerns that he remained too old to serve as a Quinnipiac University poll conducted between Feb. 15 and Feb. 19 found 67% of voters believed the incumbent had aged out of serving a second term.

That same poll showed that only 34% of voters considered Biden to be mentally fit for service, and the rest of the world looked to be running with the other 66%.

Kevin Haggerty

Comment

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.

Latest Articles