A majority of Americans are blaming President Joe Biden for the widening political chasm in the country, according to a just-released survey by the Trafalgar Group and Convention of States.
The survey, which was exclusively provided to The Daily Caller, indicates that 54.2 percent of respondents said they believe Biden is most responsible for the country’s current political divide, with nearly 40 percent saying he is “very responsible” and about 15 percent agreeing that is is “somewhat responsible” for it.
Meanwhile, roughly 46 percent did not fault Biden for political divisions, with 12.6 percent saying that he was “not very responsible” and 33.2 percent saying he was “not responsible at all.”
“Trafalgar employs a number of methods for conducting its polls, including live phone calls, automated calls, emails, text messages, and two other proprietary methods it does not share publicly,” The Daily Caller reported.
The survey noted that 79 percent of Democrats did not blame Biden for any divisions, but 88 percent of Republicans did as well as 64 percent of Independents.
In recent election cycles, the Trafalgar Group has emerged as one of the few polling firms that have been consistently accurate. Trafalgar accurately forecast Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential victory and was among just a few others who predicted GOP Gov. Ron DeSantis’ 2018 win in Florida. The firm also predicted Republican wins in New Jersey and Virginia earlier this month.
During his 2020 effort, Biden campaigned largely on a message of unity.
“If Democrats remain on their current course and keep coddling and catering to progressives, they could lose as many as 50 seats and control of the House in the 2022 midterm elections,” wrote Mark Penn, a former political strategist and adviser to former President Bill Clinton, in The New York Times. “Yelling ‘Trump, Trump, Trump’ when Mr. Trump is not on the ballot or in office is no longer a viable campaign strategy.”
Overall, Biden’s popularity and approval have crashed along with that of his vice president, Kamala Harris.
The worst numbers came earlier this month in a USA Today/Suffolk University poll that found Biden’s approval rating had nosedived to just 38 percent, while Harris’ had fallen even farther, to an alarming 28 percent.
“…[T]he survey illuminates the size of the hole Democrats need to dig out of as they look toward the elections in one year – on Nov. 8, 2022 – that will determine control of Congress and shape the second two years of Biden’s term,” USA Today reported, adding:
- “Nearly half of those surveyed, 46%, say Biden has done a worse job as president than they expected, including 16% of those who voted for him. Independents, by 7-1 (44%-6%), say he’s done worse, not better, than they expected.”
- “Nearly two-thirds of Americans, 64%, say they don’t want Biden to run for a second term in 2024. That includes 28% of Democrats. Opposition to Trump running for another term in 2024 stands at 58%, including 24% of Republicans.”
- “Vice President Kamala Harris’ approval rating is 28% – even worse than Biden’s. The poll shows that 51% disapprove of the job she’s doing. One in 5, 21%, are undecided.”
DONATE TO AMERICAN WIRE
If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to American Wire News to help us fight them.
- TIPP Insights: Mr. President, support labor and business - May 8, 2022
- DeSantis directs businesses, state law enforcement to openly defy Biden - December 14, 2021
- Country launches AI facial-recognition surveillance to track people positive for COVID-19 - December 14, 2021
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.