Pelosi undermines key aspect of sham J6 case against Trump in shock video

California Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D) offered a brazen take on “revisionist history” after a newly released video seemingly toppled claims made against former President Donald Trump regarding Jan. 6, 2021.

(Video Credit: MSNBC)

The Left’s take on the breach of the U.S. Capitol maintained that the “deadly insurrection” was the worst thing to happen to the country since the Civil War and that Trump was criminally responsible. Monday, the House Administration’s Subcommittee on Oversight published a video taken that day by Pelosi’s daughter’s film crew that belied that narrative as the then-House Speaker laid the blame on herself for not having the National Guard “prepared for more.”

“We have responsibility, Terri. We did not have any accountability for what was going on there. And we should have,” she could be heard telling her Chief of Staff Terri McCullough in the back of a vehicle escorting her through the Capitol parking complex. “This is ridiculous. You’re going to ask me in the middle of the thing when they’ve already breached the inaugural stuff that should we call the Capitol Police? I mean the National Guard? Why weren’t the National Guard there to begin with?”

“They clearly didn’t know, and I take responsibility for not having them just prepared for more,” the Democrat leader admitted.

Image via X

Monday, Pelosi appeared on MSNBC to attempt damage control over the video and when asked by host Nicolle Wallace why this was “a brouhaha,” the congresswoman continued to blame the GOP and Trump.

“Well, because of the — the fact is that the President of the United States — the former president — and his toadies do not want to face the facts,” she argued. “They’re trying to do revisionist history on January 6th. But, we cannot let us be dragged into their, again, false impression of what happened that day. They know what happened that day.”

Fox News reported on additional comments made by Pelosi in the video where she was heard saying, “It’s stupid that we should be in a situation like this because they thought they had what — they thought these people would act civilized? They thought these people would give a damn?”

“What is it that is missing here in terms of anticipation? They give us a piece of paper that says walk through the tunnel, don’t walk outside. That’s your preparation?” bemoaned the lawmaker.

Meanwhile, as had previously been reported, a Pentagon memo detailed a Jan. 3, 2021 meeting between Trump and national security officials where he was said to have authorized up to 20,000 National Guardsmen to heighten security throughout the capital while he would be holding a rally in Washington, D.C.

Then-acting Secretary of Defense Chris Miller’s Chief of Staff Kash Patel had said upon release of the memo, “It’s not one of those meetings you forget. The Secretary of Defense Chris Miller, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley, the Chief of Staff to the President of the United States Mark Meadows, and the President of the United States himself in the Oval Office talk about some of the most serious national security threats we were facing and then we pivoted to setting up for Jan. 6th. Mr. Trump unequivocally authorized up to 20,000 National Guardsmen and women for us to utilize should the second part of the law, the requests come in.”

Monday, Patel reacted to the Pelosi video and told the Daily Mail, “For years- I testified under oath, in the media, and everywhere in between that Nancy Pelosi was responsible for not activating the National Guard on January 6 after President Trump constitutionally AUTHORIZED the guard- and provided the receipts.”

“Now, footage from Pelosi herself on Jan 6 shows she blamed herself for not doing more,” he went on. “The lie was peddled by most all in the media and the American people were once again robbed of the truth for political expediency.”

Likewise, Georgia Rep. Barry Loudermilk (R), chair of the subcommittee, posted on X, “Pelosi’s J6 Select Committee spent taxpayer’s money chasing false political narratives and using Hollywood producers for their ‘investigation.’ Her admission of responsibility directly contradicts their own narrative.”

Defending the California congresswoman, a spokesperson provided a statement to Fox News Digital that ramped up the rhetoric, “Numerous independent fact-checkers have confirmed again and again that Speaker Pelosi did not plan her own assassination on January 6th.”

“As the footage in its entirety plainly shows, Speaker Pelosi sprang into action in response to the attack on the Capitol — mobilizing the defense of the Capitol, urging the Administration to deploy the National Guard and coordinating the continuity of government,” the statement continued. “Cherry-picked, out-of-context clips do not change the fact that the Speaker of the House is not in charge of the security of the Capitol Complex — on January 6th or any other day of the week. Three years later, House Republicans are still attempting to whitewash the deadly insurrection.”

One comment succinctly conveyed the sentiments of those fed up with the establishment’s control over information: “Exposing the truth is not revisionist.”

Kevin Haggerty

Comment

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.

Latest Articles