The suspected serial killer believed responsible for the murder of the “Gilgo Four,” potentially others, may not have worked alone and reportedly had one question for authorities at the time of his arrest.
Thus far, a 59-year-old architect of Long Island, New York has been charged with three counts of first and second-degree murder in connection with the deaths of Melissa Barthelemy, Amber Costello and Megan Waterman. However, the chief concern of the suspect, still being investigated for the death of Maureen Brainard-Barnes and as many as seven other victims, was in the coverage.
A source had spoken with CNN and informed the outlet that at the time of the suspect’s intake into jail, the only question he had asked was “Is it in the news?”
Meanwhile, as authorities raided the suspect’s home, leaving his wife and two adult children, “disgusted” and “embarrassed” according to Suffolk County Police Commissioner Rodney Harrison, the attorney for the families of two other potential victims, John Ray, spoke to The US Sun about details that suggested a female accomplice remained on the loose.
Ray, who represents the families of Shannan Gilbert and Jessica Taylor, was “delighted” to see progress in the investigations, and explained the significant clues that caused him to believe the suspect was working with a woman.
An as-yet unidentified victim, known as Jane Doe #3, had been located in the area of the “Gilgo Four” whose 10-month-old daughter was found seven miles away. That child was discovered wrapped in a blanket, leading the attorney to state, “It’s that kind of thing that, if you’re such a depraved murderer, you don’t take time to do. That to me seems like an act of a mother.”
“We also believe that some of the victims could’ve been lured by a woman,” he further added.
His speculation was not unfounded as he suggested he had details as yet unavailable to the public, including having been tipped off by investigators a week prior that the suspect would soon be arrested, and that a second name was being looked into as well.
Ray also said that his home, family members and office had frequently received threatening calls from an unidentified man and woman that ended last week as he informed the Sun, “The same language is used, the same tape recording are used, it’s the same eerie voices and crazy sounds that are used in every one of those calls.”
“They play news reports from the Shannan Gilbert case from sometime around 2011 or 2012 and make noises in the background at the same time,” he detailed. “Then they say some nasty things, or weird things to let us know that, whoever it was, they wanted to make sure we connected the call to the Gilgo situation.”
The claims from Ray were similar to previously reported details that indicated the suspect had allegedly called the family of at least one victim, Barthelemy, telling them that she had been sexually assaulted and killed around the time of her disappearance.
— BPR based (@DumpstrFireNews) July 16, 2023
The taunting, according to the attorney, extended as far as to call his family one night when they had arrived home late to say “I hope you’re enjoying dinner.”
“Then this person, a few seconds later, said, ‘I hope you enjoy your pizza,'” Ray had told the outlet. “Within seconds, our doorbell rang, and — we live up in a dark area up on a hill — there was the guy delivering three pizza. And we didn’t order the pizzas.”
As previously reported, through his representation of the Gilbert and Taylor families, the attorney had been providing authorities with information in an effort to aid the investigation.
“We have seven other victims besides the four, and that includes Shannan and Jessica, and the others are all clearly murders and they’re not solved,” he told the Sun and remained convinced of the suspect’s connection. “There are similar patterns in several of the deaths from one to another, but that doesn’t necessarily mean there’s more than one killer.”
DONATE TO AMERICAN WIRE
If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to American Wire News to help us fight them.
- Jim Jordan cites ‘critical crossroad’ to announce run to replace McCarthy as speaker - October 4, 2023
- CIA accused of ‘witness tampering’ by assault victim - October 4, 2023
- Steve Bannon case delayed by court in sudden decision - October 4, 2023
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.