Democratic Socialist Bernie Sanders has generated anger by charging up to $95 for tickets to an event promoting his book that rails against capitalism.
The tome itself, titled “It’s Okay To Be Angry About Capitalism” will drop on February 21 and is expected to retail for around $28. The 81-year-old senator is planning to hold an event for the book’s release, but that’s where people got upset. For someone so fed up with capitalism, why is he charging so much for access to the event?
“He’s a walking advertisement for why the left is full of crap. This is ridiculous,” remarked ‘The Five’ co-host Dana Perino. “Do you remember when Hillary was going after him and they had the ad about millionaires and billionaires? Then they changed it to just billionaires? Why did they do that? Because Bernie became a millionaire and he could no longer say that! It’s crazy. It’s okay to earn money on your book, like didn’t he start off as a writer?”
Greg Gutfeld had a unique take on the situation, including Sanders’ decision to work with the embattled Ticketmaster.
“The tickets should be free or at least force the audience to pay for the tickets of the other half. Or 20% should pay for the remaining 80% so the prices are like $500 per person, then everyone else is free. The people that pay the $500 have to be next to eight people that did not pay at all. What’s most disgraceful about this is he’s working with Ticketmaster,” he said, feigning chagrin. “This is 2023. Ticketmaster?”
Jeanine Pirro had a more pragmatic view.
“You can watch them for free all day on C-SPAN, so why would you bother to pay the $95?” she asked. “And, if you think about it, if minimum wages like $17, you literally have to work the whole day to pay to watch him give the speech. None of it makes sense. It’s classic hypocrisy.”
DONATE TO AMERICAN WIRE
If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to American Wire News to help us fight them.
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.