Efforts to uncover whether President Joe Biden used pseudonyms to keep in touch with his alleged influence-peddling scheme hit a snare as Washington bureaucracy and an added player joined the mix.
“The oversight committee needs to get approval from the same people they are exposing. Does it make any sense?”
(Video: Fox News)
Following a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request from the Southeastern Legal Foundation (SLF), the House Committee on Oversight and Accountability had given the National Archives and Records Administration until Aug. 31 to turn over an estimated 5,400 emails.
SLF believes that those emails contain communications from then-Vice President Biden using aliases like Robert L. Peters, Robin Ware and JRB Ware related to his son Hunter Biden’s business deals.
On Sunday, Fox News correspondent David Spunt provided an update on the missed deadline which made clear that part of the holdup was related to former President Barack Obama.
A statement from the committee read in part, “National Archives officials have indicated that they have sent some of the records to representatives for former President Obama and Joe Biden for their approval to be released. President Biden promised the most transparent administration in history, and we fully expect him to approve the release of those records.”
Additionally, the correspondent told Fox News anchor Julie Banderas, “While NARA…did not meet Comer’s specific parameters by the deadline, the agency did cooperate by forwarding on the information to the president himself.”
Spunt also reported that “However, a source for the National Archives tells Fox there are certain restrictions in the Freedom of Information Act process for issues such as national security and law enforcement.”
“And beyond that hurdle, emails from the Biden vice presidency still fall under the Presidential Records Act from the Obama administration. Julie, as you mentioned last week, a group called the Southeastern Legal Foundation filed this lawsuit for emails with aliases. They received a reply from the National Archives in June of 2022, but 14 months later, they are still in the public queue assigned. This may take a bit before these emails become public, if they become public at all,” the update concluded.
Banderas noted how stonewalling through bureaucratic red tape could further justify House Republicans on the matter of an impeachment inquiry, a process that would provide broader powers to investigate the suspected wrongdoings of Biden, believed to have used the power of his office for personal gain for himself and his family.
Meanwhile, many in the public honed in on the fact that the kids, as it happened, were running the candy store with Obama being provided oversight on the release of certain documents to the House committee.
“The oversight committee needs to get approval from the same people they are exposing. Does it make any sense?” remarked one person while another slammed the perceived two-tiered justice system and said, “Yet NARA sought prosecution for [former President Donald Trump] not meeting their imaginary deadline.”
The oversight committee needs to get approval from the same people they are exposing.
Does it make any sense?
— LULU (@cubanita356) September 1, 2023
Yet NARA sought prosecution for DJT not meeting their imaginary deadline.
— Sandy 〽️ (@RightGlockMom) September 1, 2023
You know, WE know they won’t.
So, What will you do then?
— Steven Bierbaum (@Elon_IsTheMan) September 1, 2023
Many leading figures from the Republican Party were tagged in another individual’s post as they made sure to bring attention to the update from the Oversight Committee and slammed, “This is BS of the greatest magnitude. Since when do you guys have to get their approval. DO SOMETHING !!!”
This is BS of the greatest magnitude. Since when do you guys have to get their approval.
DO SOMETHING !!!#wherearethecharges @GOP @SpeakerMcCarthy @NRSC @HouseGOP @mtg @Jim_Jordan @RepMattGaetz @randpaul @laurenboebert @tedcruz @GOPoversight @judiciaryGOP @RepJamesComer… https://t.co/T3NKxuy0OL
— It’s not over yet (@ChristySandhoff) September 1, 2023
Will the Oversight Committee supervise Obama and Bidens representatives viewing of these emails and documents, or will it be based on the Honor system?
— CMc (@ConnieMcCre) September 1, 2023
Are you in charge or not?
If yes, then ACT LIKE IT & stop allowing the Archives to call the shots.
— KJP’s Notebook (@KJPsNotebook) September 4, 2023
Yet another individual pointed out why so many have grown cynical about government corruption by arguing, “99% of the criminal activity of government officials is documented and buried in the ‘National Security’ classification scheme. The other 1% is covered by one privilege or another. It’s a well oiled criminal enterprise scheme.”
99% of the criminal activity of government officials is documented and buried in the “National Security” classification scheme. The other 1% is covered by one privilege or another. It’s a well oiled criminal enterprise scheme. https://t.co/Yap5EfYxzz
— Chris T (@ctom3304) September 1, 2023
Why do they have to approve the release if it is part of an investigation?
Do they get to decide what evidence is presented?
No wonder democrats never get charged with anything. They pull the strings!
— Kasia Z. Zasada (@ZuzaZasada) August 31, 2023
DONATE TO AMERICAN WIRE
If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to American Wire News to help us fight them.
- Finger-wagging Katie Couric bemoans NBC Trump interview: ‘He’s sexist and he rolls over women’ - September 23, 2023
- Roger Stone issues dire warning to Gaetz over support for DeSantis: ‘You created this monster…’ - September 23, 2023
- Woman who helped teen daughter abort baby, burn body receives 2 years behind bars - September 23, 2023
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.