A Los Angeles homeowner who was forced to open fire on would-be robbers has had his concealed carry permit stripped from him.
“After successfully defending my home and my family and my 5-month-old child, California has now decided to suspend my Second Amendment [rights],” homeowner Vince Ricci said in a video for the National Rifle Association that was shared with Fox News.
Speaking directly with the network, Ricci said that the local sheriff’s office called him Thursday to let him know that his permit had been “revoked” because he’d allegedly yelled at the officers who’d showed up to investigate the attempted robbery.
“Ricci previously railed that the LAPD – the department investigating the case – carried out ‘sloppy police’ work, including allegedly not picking up the casings scattered near his home as evidence,” Fox News notes.
The “gunfight,” as Fox News describes it, erupted Nov. 4th when, upon returning home from the gym and trying to unlock his front door, Ricci saw two armed thugs jump his fence and try to force their way inside.
“Ricci’s wife, 5-month-old daughter and the family’s nanny were inside,” Fox News notes.
It reportedly took Ricci months to obtain his concealed permit. According to Fox News, California law “allows legal U.S. residents over the age of 18 to carry firearms on private property and residences without a permit or license.” Based on this, Ricci argues his case is one of self-defense.
“My situation is unique because it happened at my front door, all on camera. But this happens time and time again all over the country … People sweep it under the rug because it doesn’t behoove their political agenda. The fact is, evil will always exist,” he told Fox News.
Vince Ricci has 2nd amendment rights revoked after successfully defending his family in his own driveway. California is the worst run state in this country and it’s not even close. If this man shouldn’t have a concealed carry permit, then who should??
— Glenda (@Glendaragnarson) November 17, 2023
According to Ricci, his home was previously targeted in June, and months before that his car was targeted as well.
“He said a group of criminals were targeting other homes in his neighborhood, that they were driving a Dodge Charger with no license plate and had broken into his neighbor’s house the night prior to the shoot-out,” Fox News notes.
Despite losing his concealed permit, Ricci is beloved by the NRA.
“His decisive actions to protect his wife and daughter embody the core principles that NRA members fight for every day,” NRA spokesperson Billy McLaughlin said in a statement to Fox News. “It’s reprehensible that California is shredding his Second Amendment rights after he defended his family.”
“Governor [Gavin] Newsom and [Los Angeles County District Attorney George] Gascon’s pro-criminal policies have transformed Los Angeles and the wider state into what resembles a war zone. The NRA stands with Vince and every responsible gun owner in California, firmly committed to defending their rights to protect their families and communities,” the spokesperson added.
“If I don’t speak up, nothing’s going to get done.”
Vince Ricci gives me his 1st local on-camera interview after, what he calls, a “surreal” experience Nov. 4th when he was ambushed at his L.A. home’s front door by an armed suspect, 1 of 2@LAPDHQ tells @FOXLA so far no arrests pic.twitter.com/rGfyc6P2a4
— MarlaTellez (@MarlaTellez) November 15, 2023
In his video for the NRA, Ricci reportedly described LA as a “war zone.”
“I used to walk into this house and see this beautiful house that I built for my family, and now I walk into a war zone … Right here in L.A., an innocent L.A. father was killed because District Attorney Gascon released a violent criminal back into the streets. And this is just one of the dozens of cases right here in this city,” he said.
Speaking with the network, local gun store owner Russell Stuart said Ricci’s actions on the 4th were nothing more than a man exercising his Second Amendment rights.
“The bottom line is that this is a man who defended himself on his own property with a gun that was legally owned by himself,” Stuart said, adding that these days, criminals won’t give a second thought to killing a law-abiding citizen.
“Now, these people are coming heavily armed with fully loaded weapons. And as the evidence shows, they are prepared and will, and did, use them. So, this man had to defend his family, had to defend himself. He was on his own property against armed assailants,” he said.
Stuart further asked what message California leaders are sending by prosecuting Ricci.
“The fact that anyone, our politicians, our law enforcement officers, our district attorney could see this man as anything but a hero defending his family is absolutely disgusting,” he said.
“It also sets a precedent and will send a ripple through the community, especially the Jewish community right now. … What message is this sending them that while you’re on your own property, facing armed assailants with loaded weapons, that if you defend yourself, you might face prosecution? What message is that going to send?” he added.
DONATE TO AMERICAN WIRE
If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to American Wire News to help us fight them.
- Alex Jones drunkenly prank calls Brian Stelter on speaker phone with Tucker. Here’s how that went … - December 8, 2023
- ‘Excellent idea!’ DeSantis promises radical reform to make universities accountable, give taxpayers relief - December 7, 2023
- Professional race-baiter slammed for unbelievably ignorant hot take blasting Time’s Taylor Swift award - December 7, 2023
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.