A Fox News producer named Abby Grossberg, who worked as a senior booking producer for Maria Bartiromo and was head of booking for Tucker Carlson has filed a pair of lawsuits against the network alleging misogyny and that she was coerced into providing misleading testimony.
Grossberg’s attorney filed the suits on Monday in connection to Dominion Voting Systems’ $1.6 billion defamation case against Fox News. She is accusing the network of engaging in wrongful conduct as it prepared her for a pre-trial deposition in the case, according to CNN Business.
Fox News reportedly placed Grossberg on administrative leave immediately after she filed the lawsuits in the Delaware Superior Court and the US District Court for the Southern District of New York.
“Fox News Attorneys acted as agents and at the behest of Fox News to misleadingly coach, manipulate, and coerce Ms. Grossberg to deliver shaded and/or incomplete answers during her sworn deposition testimony, which answers were clearly to her reputational detriment but greatly benefitted Fox News,” the lawsuit asserts.
The Delaware lawsuit contends that the “concerted efforts and actions” from Fox’s legal team caused Grossberg to testify in a manner that presented the facts “in a false light” in order to “shift culpability” away from senior Fox News executives and “away from Fox Corporation.”
Fox Corporation, the parent company of Fox News, has requested that it be removed as a party in Dominion’s lawsuit, arguing that it does not play a significant role in coverage decisions at the network.
The Dominion case is alleging that Fox Corporation and Fox News “recklessly disregarded the truth” during the 2020 election and promoted a number of pro-Trump conspiracy theories concerning Dominion because “the lies were good for Fox’s business.” Fox News has aggressively disputed Dominion’s allegations.
“FOX News Media engaged an independent outside counsel to immediately investigate the concerns raised by Ms. Grossberg, which were made following a critical performance review, and her allegations in connection with the Dominion case are baseless. We are confident her legal claims have no merit and FOX News will prevail in these cases,” a Fox News spokesperson said in a statement.
In turn, Fox News filed suit against Grossberg on Monday, seeking a restraining order to prevent her from divulging privileged information that it said would cause the network to “suffer immediate irreparable harm.” There has been no ruling on the request so far.
Grossberg and her attorney, Gerry Filippatos, did a phone interview with CNN on Monday night and disputed Fox News’ assertion the complaints only came after a critical performance review.
“It’s another example of Fox News not only shying away from the truth but attempting to bury the truth,” Filippatos charged.
“Fox just does not care,” Grossberg stated. “It summarizes everything perfectly. They don’t care about their employees … and they don’t care about their viewers.”
Grossberg also made a number of other allegations about the workplace environment at Fox News. She accused the network of rampant sexism.
Fox News producer Abby Grossberg’s lawsuit against the network has a lot of … hoo boy, lotsa details https://t.co/iZQhUyQg3u pic.twitter.com/WoOSK8dAIv
— farhad manjoo (@fmanjoo) March 21, 2023
She claims that she was passed over for a top job on Bartiromo’s show because the network preferred a male in the position and charged that Fox News executives referred to the “Sunday Morning Futures” host as a “crazy b**ch” and “menopausal.”
The producer went on to state that the environment working for Tucker Carlson’s show was horrific. She claimed that on her first day, she noticed the show’s workspace was decorated with large photos of then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi “in a plunging bathing suit revealing her cleavage.”
“Grossberg was mortified by what she was witnessing and began to experience a sinking feeling in her stomach as it became apparent how pervasive the misogyny and drive to embarrass and objectify women was among the male staff at [‘Tucker Carlson Tonight’],” the lawsuit filed in New York contended.
The lawsuit evidently drones on about Carlson’s program subjecting women to crude terms and that jokes about Jewish people were made out in the open. Grossberg named Carlson and members of his staff in the lawsuit.
Her attorney said that Grossberg has “ample documentary evidence in all forms to support a broad swath” of the allegations made in the lawsuits.
Grossberg ran to CNN telling them that she hopes this causes change at the network. She remarked that it “was the only step” she had to get her pride back and save her career. She also wanted to “expose the lies and deceit” that she “witnessed for years” on two of Fox News’ biggest shows.
“I’ve covered many stories while I have been there,” she recounted. “Dominion is just a small portion. And I’ve witnessed it from the very beginning until my last day of work last week.”
“It’s constant,” Grossberg complained. “Ratings are very important to the shows, to the network, and to the hosts. It’s a business and that’s what drives coverage.”
Get the latest BPR news delivered free to your inbox daily. SIGN UP HERE
DONATE TO AMERICAN WIRE
If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to American Wire News to help us fight them.
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.