Republican candidates Chris Christie and Vivek Ramaswamy lashed out after they said they were threatened with being banned from the next presidential primary debate over a planned joint appearance on Fox News.
The blustering former New Jersey governor and the dynamic young biotech entrepreneur clashed onstage during the first two GOP debates and were set to hash out their differences on Tuesday’s edition of “Special Report” when the Republican National Committee (RNC) put the kibosh on the deal.
The matchup appeared to be set to go with both candidates expressing enthusiasm for an opportunity for an actual debate of the ideas away from a crowded debate stage and the limitations of the format with them both posting to X, formerly Twitter, on Monday.
Voters deserve to hear from the candidates, and unlike others, I’m not afraid to show up.
This is going to be fun.
— Chris Christie (@GovChristie) October 2, 2023
— Vivek Ramaswamy (@VivekGRamaswamy) October 2, 2023
But it wasn’t to be, and after the RNC flexed its muscles, both Christie and Ramaswamy were rightly disappointed.
“Voters need more information not less. Our Party needs more debates and in-depth discussions not less. This is common sense and the bedrock of our Republic. When the RNC stops conversations between candidates from happening that is real cause for concern,” Christie said on X.
Voters need more information not less. Our Party needs more debates and in-depth discussions not less. This is common sense and the bedrock of our Republic. When the RNC stops conversations between candidates from happening that is real cause for concern.
One of the main things…
— Chris Christie (@GovChristie) October 3, 2023
“It is very disappointing that we were threatened with exclusion from the Miami debate and future debates for trying to have a more complete dialogue with each other and the voters. Every campaign was offered that opportunity by Fox News and they have now been effectively banned by the RNC,” he added, taking a swipe at the GOP frontrunner as well. “I am always up for those discussions – it’s a shame the RNC and @realDonaldTrump aren’t.”
Ramaswamy also slammed the decision, “Last week’s RNC debate was a disgrace, and I’m starting to believe that was by design. This is what a brokered and rigged nomination process looks like. I disagree like hell with @GovChristie , but when they asked me to face off with him, I said I’d be a man and do it – before the RNC intervened to cut it off.”
Last week’s RNC debate was a disgrace, and I’m starting to believe that was by design. This is what a brokered and rigged nomination process looks like. I disagree like hell with @GovChristie, but when they asked me to face off with him, I said I’d be a man and do it – before the… https://t.co/yy9G7L4kgA
— Vivek Ramaswamy (@VivekGRamaswamy) October 3, 2023
“Instead of allowing open dialogue and the airing of ideas to give primary voters a real choice, the Establishment would rather cut backroom deals and offer up phony debates, including candidates with no viable path and questions that no voter would ever ask. The Establishment was hellbent on taking down Trump. Now they’re hellbent on propping up their favored puppets. We won’t let them get away with it,” he wrote on X.
“It’s pathetic that the Super PAC puppet masters have now ‘summoned’ their favored Establishment puppets to broker a path to defeating Trump instead of allowing GOP voters to make a real choice on their own by hearing directly from candidates. Republican voters deserve better than this broken process,” Ramaswamy added.
He also posted a short video clip in which he decried what he sees as a rigged process against non-establishment candidates like himself.
My ideas are a threat to the GOP Establishment & that’s why they’re trying to silence me. The mega donor plan was to have just *one* pet candidate take on Trump & now they’re losing their minds since that plot failed. They’re flailing and will try to prop up their flavor-of-the… pic.twitter.com/qiRvycZVFR
— Vivek Ramaswamy (@VivekGRamaswamy) October 3, 2023
“The same candidates complaining about the rules governing RNC debates all signed a pledge and agreed months ago to not participate in unsanctioned debates. The RNC will continue to enact a fair, transparent debate process and we will not give in to pressure from individuals seeking to change the rules to favor their candidacy,” said a spokesperson for the RNC in a statement.
DONATE TO AMERICAN WIRE
If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to American Wire News to help us fight them.
- Tarlov goes off on Judge Jeanine in heated exchange on ‘The Five’ - November 29, 2023
- Team Trump rips ‘corrupt network of globalist RINO donors’ over support of ‘puppet’ Haley - November 29, 2023
- AOC slapped down after saying NYC is too expensive for working class people - November 29, 2023
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.