The Ilhan Omar-linked “mastermind” behind a massive fraud scheme in Minnesota has been sentenced to almost 42 full years in prison.
Aimee Bock, the 45-year-old founder of Feeding Our Future, received a 500-month sentence on Thursday, a year after she was convicted of wire fraud and bribery, according to CNN.
After @FBI investigation – the mastermind behind the Feeding our Future scandal in Minnesota defrauding public COVID funds of over $250 million was just sentenced to 41.5 years in prison pic.twitter.com/FLjtGvyp69
— FBI Director Kash Patel (@FBIDirectorKash) May 21, 2026
Bock and her convicted co-defendant, Salim Said, gained access to hundreds of millions of dollars using the Feeding Our Future nonprofit and then reportedly spent nearly all of that money on themselves.
“Using fake meal counts, doctored attendance records, and fabricated invoices, the perpetrators … claimed to be serving thousands of meals a day, seven days a week, to underprivileged children,” journalists Ryan Thorpe and Christopher Rufo previously reported.
That allowed access to nearly $200 million in federal funding that they then allegedly turned around and misused.
“Bock used the ill-gotten funds to buy opulent cars, including a Porsche Panamera, which range in price from around $110,000 to over $230,000, as well as some 60 laptops, iPads and iPhones, a diamond necklace, bracelet and earrings and designer handbags,” according to the New York Post.
Said reportedly blew his portion of the money on a $2 million Minneapolis mansion and a $9,000-a-month shopping habit at Nordstrom.
With both Bock and Said having been convicted, and Bock (and soon Said) off to prison, the public is now demanding that Rep. Ilhan Omar be immediately prosecuted next.
Minnesota scammer and whistleblower Aimee Bock is sentenced to 41 years in prison and has to pay $43 million in restitution. This comes as the DOJ is TACKLING fraud in Minnesota, just now announcing they are charging 15 people involved in fraud. When is Ilhan Omar next? pic.twitter.com/d5VYBf1jAr
— DeVory Darkins (@devorydarkins) May 21, 2026
Bock has herself already suggested that Omar knew all about the fraud that she and Said were committing.
“I struggle to believe that [Omar] wouldn’t have known,” she told the Post during a jailhouse interview recorded last week.
During her trial, the congresswoman’s name showed up at least six times in email and text message exhibits. Bock told the Post that the emails and text messages were about obtaining help with waivers.
In 2020, Omar played a key role in the passage of the MEALS Act, which greatly reduced school-meal requirements during the COVID pandemic. But to take advantage of these reduced requirements and reduced oversight, nonprofits had to apply for waivers.
“Omar would personally step in whenever those waivers ran out, allowing the rampant fraud to continue, Bock alleged,” according to the Post.
Prosecutors and auditors have alleged that it was precisely because of the MEALS Act that fraud subsequently exploded in Minnesota.
The Minnesota fraud ring tied to Feeding Our Future, the $250M child nutrition case, was described by prosecutors and auditors as a COVID-era scheme that expanded as emergency rules and waivers loosened oversight.
In California during COVID, the state allowed pre-licensing… pic.twitter.com/B54i7WRjh4
— Amy Reichert (@amyforsandiego) January 30, 2026
Said, the co-owner of the Safari Restaurant, wasn’t just one of the participants in the fraud. He was also a friend of Omar, it appears.
The Post notes that, as recently as 2020, Omar was seen on video at the restaurant praising the very welfare program that Said and Bock were using to line their pockets.
The Post further notes that a former Omar campaign official, left-wing activist Guhaad Hashi Said, pleaded guilty last year to running a fake food site called Advance Youth Athletic Development.
“[H]e falsely claimed to serve 5,000 meals a day and pocketed $3.2 million out of the food program,” according to the Post. “Said worked on Omar’s 2018 and 2020 campaigns as an ‘enforcer’ who oversaw aggressive voter mobilization in the Somali community.”
Former ‘enforcer’ for Ilhan Omar pleads guilty in Feeding Our Future fraud scheme
Guhaad Hashi Said is now the 52nd defendant to plead guilty for his role in the Feeding Our Future fraudulent child nutrition meals scheme. pic.twitter.com/M2hCIdCtLL
— Alpha News (@AlphaNews) August 13, 2025
And then in 2021, when the Feeding Our Future program was flagged by Minnesota’s Department of Education (MDE) for possible fraud, Omar’s top aide, Deputy District Director Ali Isse, defended the program.
“I’m tired of the MDE thing. How many more do we have to fight against?” he said at some sort of gala event.
According to the Post, he “also blamed the unwanted attention from authorities on racism and rallied the ‘community’ to stick together,” and he further blasted the MDE for asking too many questions.
- BBC slammed into oblivion for ‘sympathizing’ with Afghan men ‘forced’ to sell young daughters - May 22, 2026
- MN food aid fraud ‘mastermind’ slapped with stunning 40 year prison sentence - May 22, 2026
- ‘Remove Thune!’ RINOs block reconciliation bill, senators sent home without funding DHS - May 22, 2026
Comment
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.
