Newsmax reportedly willing to give Tucker control of ENTIRE channel – Fox names latest replacement

With Tucker Carlson now out at Fox News, he’s reportedly being enticed to join up with Newsmax next, according to sources who spoke with TMZ.

The sources said “the news channel is doing everything it can to sweeten the deal for Tucker to come on board — including floating the idea of letting him program the whole channel, not just his own show,” TMZ reported Friday.

“That would be a pretty enticing deal point … in addition to having his own primetime show, Tucker would have a say over what shows lead into and out of his show, which can be key in achieving bigger TV ratings.”

Now, to be clear, the sources said Newsmax hasn’t actually offered Carlson a job yet, since his Fox News contract is still active for the time being. But they have made it clear to “people around him” that they’re willing to give him the reins of the ship.

According to TMZ, NewsNation is also interested in Carlson, as well as in just-ousted CNN talking head Don Lemon.

“[T]he television network — which has been growing steadily over the past few years — is interested in potentially hiring DL and TC and adding them to their growing roster of high-profile anchors,” the gossip site reported last Monday, adding that NewsNation allegedly wants them both.

However, TMZ’s reporting on NewsNation is contradicted by what network host Chris Cuomo said last week:

Speaking on the “The Adam Carolla Show,” he said, “Is NewsNation reaching out to Don Lemon? Not that I know of. Would I know? Yup. Would they talk to Tucker Carlson? Probably. Is that a rejection of what NewsNation is supposed to be about? No, because the point is that NewsNation is going to be a true cross-section of everybody’s interests.”

“Would I let Tucker Carlson have no guardrails? Well, only if you have ‘This is opinion’ flashing on the screen most of the time when he’s talking. Otherwise, you gotta have an understanding with the guy about what passes muster in the place. But I’m not the boss and I don’t say who’s on and who isn’t, that’s for sure. I’m lucky to be there myself,” he added.

So it’s not entirely clear what’s true and what’s not. All that’s known for certain is that Carlson is still on contract for the time being and therefore won’t be appearing back on TV for awhile. Though this hasn’t stopped him from making appearances elsewhere, like on Twitter.

Meanwhile at Fox News, Carlson’s next replacement has been named as Saturday show host Lawrence Jones.

“Jones, 30, who anchors ‘Lawrence Jones Cross Country’ on Fox News on Saturday nights, will host in Carlson’s former 8 p.m. slot from Monday as the network continues with a rotating line-up of anchors,” Page Six has confirmed.

The first rotating host was Brian Kilmeade, and according to reports, he didn’t fare too well:

As for Jones, while he’s certainly liked, it appears he’s not liked enough for Fox News fans (or, rather, former Fox News fans) to forgive the network for “rudely” terminating Carlson.

“I don’t care if Lawrence Jones is Rush Limbaugh reincarnated. Fox News is dead to me,” one critic pithily tweeted.

See more reactions below:

Notice how one critic wrote that he’s now watching Newsmax “until Tucker’s re-emergence on a new platform.”

In related news, The New York Times reported last week that Newsmax’s “viewership has doubled” since Carlson’s ouster from Fox News.

Vivek Saxena

Comment

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.

Latest Articles