Presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. says he is “very grateful” to his private security detail after an armed man who was allegedly impersonating a U.S. Marshal attempted to approach the Democrat before being arrested by Los Angeles police officers.The disturbing incident reportedly took place on Friday at a campaign event in the City of Angels.
“I’m very grateful that alert and fast-acting protectors from Gavin de Becker and Associates (GDBA) spotted and detained an armed man who attempted to approach me at my Hispanic Heritage speech at the Wilshire Ebell Theatre in Los Angeles tonight,” Kennedy said in a statement on X.
“The man, wearing two shoulder holsters with loaded pistols and spare ammunition magazines was carrying a U.S. Marshal badge on a lanyard and beltclip federal ID,” he continued. “He identified himself as a member of my security detail. Armed GDBA team members moved quickly to isolate and detain the man until LAPD arrived to make the arrest. I’m also grateful to LAPD for its rapid response.”
I’m very grateful that alert and fast-acting protectors from Gavin de Becker and Associates (GDBA) spotted and detained an armed man who attempted to approach me at my Hispanic Heritage speech at the Wilshire Ebell Theatre in Los Angeles tonight. The man, wearing two shoulder… pic.twitter.com/vvJc0Gtk4o
— Robert F. Kennedy Jr (@RobertKennedyJr) September 16, 2023
In a statement to ABC News, a Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) spokesperson said a radio call reporting a man with “a loaded gun in a shoulder holster and a badge stating he was a U.S. Marshal” came in at roughly 4:30 p.m.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic male with arm, neck, and hand tattoos.
LAPD officers quickly responded and took the man into custody. Agents from the FBI were also at the scene.
“The suspect never brandished the gun or threatened anyone,” the LAPD stated. “He was taken to Wilshire Station where there was talk of [the] FBI possibly handling.”
The LAPD ultimately remained the lead agency on the case. According to the station’s Watch Commander, the man would “probably be booked on a gun charge.”
As BizPac Review previously reported, in late July, U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas denied Kennedy’s request for protection from the Secret Service.
— BPR based (@DumpstrFireNews) July 28, 2023
The protection has been extended to presidential candidates since Kennedy’s father, Robert F. Kennedy Sr., was tragically assassinated in California in 1968.
“Typical turnaround time for pro forma protection requests from presidential candidates is 14 days,” RFK Jr. said at the time. “After 88 days of no response and after several follow-ups by our campaign, the Biden Administration just denied our request.”
Following Friday’s frightening incident, Kennedy wrote, “I’m still entertaining a hope that President Biden will allow me Secret Service protection.”
“I am the first presidential candidate in history to whom the White House has denied a request for protection,” he added.
It’s a fact that sparked fury among X users.
Biden is a POS for not providing protection to a presidential candidate.
— Sara Rose (@saras76) September 16, 2023
Thank goodness you are okay! So many are very worried for your welfare. Thank you for everything you do!
— vєrítαs dσlσr ☆彡 ★彡 ✫彡 ミ★ ミ☆ (@VeritasDolor) September 16, 2023
Absolutely horrific…if anyone needs security protection as a presidential candidate, you most definitely do, sir. Godspeed
— TripleCrownSlew (@CrownSlew) September 16, 2023
“This may have been a message,” one user warned the controversial candidate. “Be safe Mr. Kennedy.”
This may have been a message. Be safe Mr. Kennedy.
— NachoClown (@_OneTruth_) September 16, 2023
DONATE TO AMERICAN WIRE
If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to American Wire News to help us fight them.
- Former Clinton staffer pleads guilty to illegal money grab - September 25, 2023
- Michelle Obama pregnancy photos found to be fake - September 25, 2023
- ‘For all you murderers’: Peter Navarro jabs CNN over Mayo Clinic take on Hydroxychloroquine - September 25, 2023
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.