The kidnapping and half-million dollar ransom of a California teen akin to crimes in Central and South America begged the question amidst the ongoing border crisis, “How long until it’s routine here too, thanks to Biden’s suicidal border policies?”
A car crash in San Bernardino County on Sept. 18 allegedly led to the disappearance of a 17-year-old boy from Highland, California only to later be located at a Motel 6 200 miles away in Santa Maria, California. However, before the FBI could track down the suspects, the boy’s mother endured threats of her son being dismembered if she didn’t deliver $500,000 to Nogales, Mexico.
Friday, the Department of Justice issued a press release from the U.S. Attorney’s Office, Central District of California detailing the arrest of Fidel Jesús Patino Jaimes, 22; Jair Tomás Ramos Domínguez, 26; and Ezequiel Felix López, 27 for allegedly kidnapping the teen, a felony with a maximum sentence of life in prison.
According to court filings, the mother was contacted from a Mexican phone number the afternoon after her son was said to have been abducted in a silver-colored Jeep Grand Cherokee that had been part of a vehicular accident with the boy. A followup message included a WhatsApp video of her son in the backseat of the Jeep reading a scripted message that faulted the boy’s father for an alleged incident that had taken place in New York, suggesting the woman knew about a stolen item.
“It was hell, as you can imagine, any parent would have to go through something like that. Knowing your son has been abducted; knowing your son is being held by people with bad intent; and knowing that those people are threatening your son with bodily harm unless you pay them a huge ransom,” U.S. Attorney Martin Estrada told NBC4.
According to the release, “For several days afterward, the victim’s mother received multiple phone calls from different Mexican telephone numbers in which the speaker demanded payment and threatened to cut off body parts of the victim if payment wasn’t made. The ransom demand, which went unpaid, was reduced to $100,000.”
Utilizing doorbell camera footage and identifying the vehicle, said to have entered the United States the day prior to the abduction, from a Facebook Marketplace post, the alleged kidnappers were tracked down to a Motel 6 in Santa Maria where a search warrant was executed, and the boy was discovered along with the defendants and a firearm.
“Few things can be as terrorizing to a parent as having your child kidnapped and held for ransom under threat of physical harm,” Estrada said in the release. “Together with the FBI and our local law enforcement partners, we have acted swiftly to rescue the victim and bring the abductors to justice. I commend the agents and officers for their heroic efforts to free the victim and prevent a devastating tragedy from occurring.”
Reacting to the story, Turning Point USA founder Charlie Kirk remarked on X, “Three men in California intentionally caused a car crash with a teenage driver, then kidnapped him, called his mother from a Mexican phone number and demanded $500,000 for his return.”
“Kidnapping people for ransom money is routine in countries like Mexico and Venezuela. How long until it’s routine here too, thanks to Biden’s suicidal border policies?” he asked.
The question posed by Kirk came the same day that the Texas Department of Public Safety’s Tactical Marine Unit reportedly took down a foreign flag planted on a state-owned island near Eagle Pass, Texas further solidifying the point that illegal aliens entering the country were hardly all mere “asylum seekers” fleeing oppression in their home countries.
In fact, with “thousands of predominantly Venezuelans gathering under Eagle Pass bridge,” reactions were adamant that the border crisis represented a full-blown invasion.
— BPR based (@DumpstrFireNews) September 26, 2023
According to the DOJ release Assistant United States Attorney Sean D. Peterson from the Riverside Branch Office would be prosecuting the case against the defendants who had claimed to be from Santa Maria. Having appeared before a judge Monday and held without bail, their next court appearance was scheduled for Oct. 10.
DONATE TO AMERICAN WIRE
If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to American Wire News to help us fight them.
- Sandmann 2.0: Media accuses innocent young sports fan of ‘black face’, plasters him all over internet - November 28, 2023
- ‘Real size’ Miss Universe contestant reacts to haters that body shame her - November 28, 2023
- Jon Lovitz says antisemitism he experienced in Hollywood came ‘from other Jews’ - November 28, 2023
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.