Fox News responds to Massie’s claim he was banned from the network

Accompanying potshots at his opponent and fundraisers, Kentucky Rep. Thomas Massie (R) included a couple of digs at corporate media — on the right.

“…they finally let me on Fox today…”

Tuesday in Kentucky, President Donald Trump’s wave of endorsement success continued when retired U.S. Navy SEAL Ed Gallrein defeated Massie with a reported margin of nearly 10 points. Signaling the makings of a fiery seven months to close out his 14 years in Congress, the ousted lawmaker took aim at Fox News, alleging the network had subjected him to “18 months of a blackout.”

Within minutes of taking the stage with a remark about Israeli support for Gallrein, and an alleged myriad of dirty tricks that were employed against his campaign, he argued that his campaign opted against such tactics. “We ran a clean race. And, by the way, after 18 months of a blackout of not letting me on Fox, they finally let me on Fox today, four hours into the election.”

“Their slop is selling, so they’ll keep selling it. But listen, I got to watch Fox also for the first time in 18 months,” he quipped before ripping into the coverage of the construction of the White House ballroom that looks like “architecture from the Roman Empire. I see a few analogies there. And people are just trying to make ends meet.”

ADVERTISEMENT

During his appearance on Fox News’ “America’s Newsroom,” co-anchor Bill Hemmer sought a response from Massie on his vote against the One Big Beautiful Bill Act, to which he said, “Well, listen, that’s the problem in D.C. They put everything in one giant bill. They put funding back in for the transgender surgery for kids.”

“So I’m actually the only Republican who voted against that,” the Kentucky lawmaker argued. “They like to put it all in one giant bill, so if you ever vote against it, they can say that you voted against everything. The reality is, I voted for the SAVE Act when it comes up individually, I voted for border control, DHS, the wall, all of the things that the president wants.”

(Video Credit: Fox News)

When it came to the allegation that Fox News had subjected Massie to a “blackout,” a spokesperson for the network told both HuffPost and Mediaite that the congressman had been invited on “Fox News Live” in June 2025, only for him to decline the offer.

ADVERTISEMENT

The victory in Kentucky followed Trump’s endorsement wins in Alabama, Georgia, Idaho, Pennsylvania, and Oregon, which he touted on Truth Social with a record of 37 – 0. What’s more, the president also secured the ousting of “disloyal disaster” Louisiana Sen. Bill Cassidy (R) over the weekend, making him the first incumbent Republican senator to lose a primary in 14 years.

Tuesday, the president set the stage for his trend to continue in the Lone Star State as he officially endorsed Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton in the Republican primary run-off against incumbent Sen. John Cornyn, first elected to the seat in 2002.

Kevin Haggerty

Comment

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.

Latest Articles