As President Joe Biden’s administration and corporate media lackeys attempt to gaslight the American public into accepting the Chinese spy balloons flying over the nation are no big deal and were a bigger problem during the previous administration, former President Donald Trump was having none of it, and his retort to the “Biden fools” came with backup.
On Saturday, Biden, the same guy who was reportedly opposed to the raid that killed Osama bin Laden, strutted his stuff on the tarmac outside Air Force One over the successful takedown of the surveillance aircraft after it had already traversed the United States. At the same time, the Defense Department claimed that “Chinese balloons briefly transited the continental United States at least three times during the prior administration.”
In response, Trump fired back on Truth Social Sunday morning and wrote, “The Chinese Balloon situation is a disgrace, just like the Afghanistan horror show, and everything else surrounding the grossly incompetent Biden Administration. They are only good at cheating in elections, and disinformation — and now they are putting out that a Balloon was put up by China during the Trump Administration, in order to take the ‘heat’ off the slow moving Biden fools. China had too much respect for ‘TRUMP’ for this to have happened, and it NEVER did. JUST FAKE DISINFORMATION!”
The 45th president followed that up with a call to Fox News Digital Sunday where he told the outlet, “It never happened with us under the Trump administration and if it did, we would have shot it down immediately. It’s disinformation.”
Trump also commented on the current administration’s motive suggesting they had to spread the story. because “they look so bad, as usual.”
“They are incompetent,” he said.
As the once and potentially future president of the United States was making these remarks, national security and defense officials from his time in office came out with resounding unison to support Trump and combat the claims glommed onto by leftists.
Former acting Director of National Intelligence Ric Grenell called out Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan, ABC’s Jon Karl, Maggie Haberman of The New York Times and Julie Pace from The Associated Press as he tweeted, “Biden’s DoD is shamelessly using an anonymous source to say that Chinese balloons flew over the US under Trump — and the Trump team allowed it. It is a lie. We never heard this — ever. Congress should demand @SecDef tell the truth. Shame on @JakeSullivan46.”
“And shame on the DC media activists who continue to allow the Biden team to be so weak by giving them aid & comfort in their lies and weakness,” he continued. “@jonkarl @maggieNYT @JuliePace lead the coverup.”
And shame on the DC media activists who continue to allow the Biden team to be so weak by giving them aid & comfort in their lies and weakness.@jonkarl @maggieNYT @JuliePace lead the coverup.
— Richard Grenell (@RichardGrenell) February 5, 2023
Grenell’s successor, former Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe, said much the same on Fox News when he joined “Sunday Morning Futures” to contend, “It’s not true. I can refute it. The American people can refute it for themselves. Do you remember during the Trump administration, when photographers on the ground and commercial airline pilots were talking about a spy balloon over the United States that people could look up and see, even with the naked eye, and that a media that hated Donald Trump wasn’t reporting? I don’t remember that either, because it didn’t happen.”
Likewise, former National Security Advisors Robert O’Brien, 2019-2021, and John Bolton, 2018-2019, for whom there is no love lost for Trump, both told Fox News Digital similar accounts.
O’Brien expressed “Unequivocally, I have never been briefed on the issue” and Bolton told the outlet, “I don’t know of any balloon flights by any power over the United States during my tenure, and I’d never heard of any of the occurring before I joined in 2018. I haven’t heard of anything that occurred after I left either.”
Joining them in refuting the claim were former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for East Asia Heino Klinck, former Defense Secretary Mark Esper, and former acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller.
DONATE TO AMERICAN WIRE
If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to American Wire News to help us fight them.
- Wild ruckus erupts at press briefing after dismissive Karine Jean-Pierre brings pretty props - March 21, 2023
- NYC health authorities close Korean restaurant after couple says they were served a ‘RAT’ in their soup - March 20, 2023
- Jen Psaki debuts own show, ‘circling back’ to Dem echo chamber blasting Trump, GOP - March 20, 2023
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.