Former Fox News host Tucker Carlson is reportedly considering hosting his own GOP 2024 presidential primary debate that would be outside the Republican National Committee debate system and he has allegedly already spoken to former President Trump about it.
The news of Carlson holding a potential GOP primary debate broke on Thursday. Of course, this comes from The Washington Post which is no fan of Carlson, Trump, or Fox News, so roiling the waters concerning the debates is something they likely relish as the rumor mill surrounding the conservative’s plans continues to churn. However, it might be something that Carlson is interested in given the circumstances.
The leftist media outlet is also reporting that he is willing to walk away from millions of dollars owed to him per his contract with Fox News so he can influence the 2024 election cycle.
“He could go straight to the candidates, stream it live, invite the networks but maintain control over the process,” one unnamed source told the Washington Post.
Given Carlson’s popularity, which is only exploding more and more with leaked videos trying to smear him, Trump could decide it would be very advantageous to participate in a debate he might put on. Trump leads the pack of contenders by a heavy margin currently and he is reportedly considering skipping the first and second official primary debates. The first one is being sponsored by Carlson’s former network, Fox News.
The leftist media is doing its level best to villainize Trump before the debates. The New York Times reported on Tuesday that the former president doesn’t want to give any of his primary opponents equal footing during them.
The first GOP primary debate is scheduled to take place in August in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. A second debate is planned for the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, California.
Trump is outpacing Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.) by 29.2 percentage points in the race, according to Real Clear Politics. Although it should be noted that DeSantis hasn’t officially thrown his hat in the ring yet.
“I’m up by too many points,” Trump commented, according to the source for the New York Times.
“In his mind, there’s not enough candidates who are polling close enough to him. And that if he does a debate this early with candidates who are polling in the single digits, there’s no upside for him,” an unnamed person close to Trump allegedly said, according to the Daily Mail.
The Washington Post claims that Trump is interested in a potential candidate forum hosted by Carlson in any case.
Tucker's video message yesterday teased that he might start hosting debates on the big topics from his home studios.
That would make him the most influential person In the country. No one else shows both sides.
The best case scenario appears to be happening.
— Scott Adams (@ScottAdamsSays) April 27, 2023
In April, Trump was stunned to hear that Carlson had been given the boot at Fox News.
“Well, I’m shocked. I’m surprised,’ the former president said. ‘He’s a very good person, a very good man and very talented as you know and he had very high ratings.”
“I don’t know if it was voluntary or was – somebody fired, but I think Tucker’s been terrific,” he added. “He’s been – especially over the last year or so – he’s been terrific to me.”
The fight among outlets to snag Carlson is only getting hotter. Rumors are swirling that Glenn Beck’s network TheBlaze is the leader of the pack with the host telling Carlson, “Come to Jamaica.” Regardless of whether Carlson chooses TheBlaze or not, Beck believes that he will prevail. Beck praised his Twitter video, where Carlson claimed that television news shuts off legitimate debate.
“You see what he’s setting up here? He’s setting up a different kind of show, a show where he takes big issues and he debates them,” Beck asserted on his show. “That’s where he’s headed.”
(Video Credit: TheBlaze)
Many believe that Carlson could make millions off a podcast that would rival Joe Rogan’s. Wherever he goes, he stands to make an obscene amount of money, and deservedly so. He is independently wealthy and can take his time deciding where to go and whether he is willing to forfeit millions on his Fox News contract to make a move.
“He could do very well and find an audience immediately, and he could earn a good living and never have to leave his home studio,” Ken LaCorte, a former digital-side executive for Fox News, said concerning a potential podcast, according to the Washington Post.
“If I’m sitting in his seat right now, I’m plotting really my own media company, how I want to build it,” remarked Joel Cheatwood, a former Fox News and CNN executive who helped found TheBlaze after his forced departure from Fox News in 2011, according to the Washington Post. “Whether you like him or not, there are very few individual brands out there that you can almost guarantee an incredibly significant following from day one.”
Tucker Carlson is back & hits a home run!
The uni-party forces its self-serving narrative on all while suppressing debate over REAL issues like war, civil liberties, emerging science, & more.
But their empty dominance won't last. Truth's power will win. pic.twitter.com/oHYPCiS0sy
— TrueTruth (@TrueTruthToday) April 27, 2023
“Tucker’s too gifted a writer and host not to put those talents to use every day,” Vince Coglianese, a friend of Carlson who serves as editorial director for the publication he co-founded, The Daily Caller, stated according to The Washington Post. “I don’t know what format he’ll end up in, but I’m confident he’ll be a massive success — which will be good for the country. Anything that breaks the corporate stranglehold on our debates is a huge win.”
Carlson has also reportedly been approached by Newsmax, Trinity Broadcasting Network, and One America News Network. Newsmax is willing to go so far as rebranding its network under Carlson’s name.
Cheatwood posited that Carlson would diminish his own brand by signing on with a smaller media company, “I just don’t think he needs it,” he added. “He’s just so much bigger than they are.”
Get the latest BPR news delivered free to your inbox daily. SIGN UP HERE
DONATE TO AMERICAN WIRE
If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to American Wire News to help us fight them.
- Fmr. Lia Thomas teammate comes forward, says she was labeled ‘transphobic’ over locker room concerns - June 7, 2023
- CNN puts on somber performance to announce the ouster of CEO Licht - June 7, 2023
- ‘The Five’ crew tip hat to Biden’s ‘brilliant’ strategy: ‘No one’s going to go after Joe if you gotta deal with that’ - June 7, 2023
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.