As the Biden administration has repeatedly refused to provide Secret Service protection for Robert F. Kennedy Jr., the 2024 presidential hopeful has reportedly had to deal directly with a stalker who broke into his home twice in one day.
Kennedy was set to get a restraining order against 28-year-old Jonathan Macht who reportedly broke into the Brentwood, California home in late October when the the candidate and his wife Cheryl Hines were at home. The young realtor from Pacific Palisades also allegedly sent Kennedy over 400 “harassing emails.”
“He has written me 435 emails in a three-month period, including one last week, which was about me getting a bullet in my brain,” Kennedy had said of the suspect who was stopped by his own private security team. But after being served with an emergency protective order, Macht reportedly returned to the Kennedy home where he was arrested again.
According to the candidate’s campaign, the private security firm notified the Secret Service about “this specific obsessed individual” in recent months and provided the emails that had been written.
But the son of the late Sen. Robert F. Kennedy, who was assassinated in 1968, reportedly struck a deal with Macht who agreed to a five-year arrangement in which he would not “harass, intimidate, attack, strike, threaten, assault, hit, abuse, destroy, personal property of, or disturb the peace of Robert F Kennedy Jr.,”
“Macht said he would not contact Kennedy directly or indirectly nor will he take any action to obtain Kennedy’s address or location,” RadarOnline reported, citing court records. “At all times, Macht agreed to stay 100 yards away from Robert F Kennedy, his wife Cheryl Hines, and other family members. Further, Macht said he would not buy or try to receive any firearms.”
Kennedy has repeatedly asked President Joe Biden to provide Secret Service protection, given his family history – with his uncle, President John F. Kennedy also being assassinated – and the current incidents that have threatened his safety.
Adrian Paul Aispuro, 44, was identified by police in September after he was arrested and accused of impersonating a U.S. Marshal at a Kennedy campaign event in Los Angeles.
According to Daily Mail:
Candidates from a major party polling above 15 percent and independent candidates polling above 20 percent are eligible for Secret Service protection, according to Title 18 U.S.C. 3056(a)(7).
The late Sen. Ted Kennedy, the candidate’s uncle, was given Secret Service protection 441 days before the 1980 presidential election, in which he challenged incumbent Democratic President Jimmy Carter.
Former President Barack Obama was afforded Secret Service protection 551 days before the 2008 election due to racist threats when he was running in the Democratic primary.
“If they do give Bobby protection, then they are acknowledging that he’s running as a political candidate,” Hines said of the Biden administration’s refusal to fill Kennedy’s security request.
Applications for federal protection have been denied by DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas.
“It’s disappointing to say the very least that the administration is not giving Bobby protection,” Hines said in an interview earlier this month.
“They know what’s happening and they know what has been happening,” the actress added. “I can’t believe that they are not responding.”
- United flight forced to divert after suspicious bag, bomb threat note found in bathroom - February 21, 2024
- Dr. Phil hits medical field for ‘gender affirming care,’ vows to expose harm being done - February 21, 2024
- Pot meet kettle: Former aide-turned-cohost of ‘The View’ says Trump is causing ‘brain rot’ in America - February 21, 2024
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.