The “mastermind” of a $250 million meal fraud scheme involving Minnesota nonprofit Feeding Our Future has fingered Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN), who has been suspected of being in on the action.
The disgraced organization’s founder, Aimee Bock, was convicted last year for her role in the swindle in which taxpayer money for a COVID-era program to feed hungry kids was stolen and used to fund the “lavish lifestyles” of the perpetrators.
Bock is currently being held in Sherburne County Jail, where she is awaiting sentencing, and in an interview with the New York Post, she said that the ethically-challenged “Squad” member had to have known about the ripoff.
WOW: Mastermind of the $250M Feeding Our Futures COVID meals scandal, Aimee Bock, claims Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) KNEW about and protected the massive fraud.
“I struggle to believe that she wouldn’t have known,” Bock told the New York Post regarding Omar.
Fox & Friends: “Bock… pic.twitter.com/gOfeV9yvgH
— RedWave Press (@RedWavePress) May 17, 2026
“I struggle to believe that she wouldn’t have known,” she told the paper in a video interview.
Dozens of people have been prosecuted for the scam, one of a myriad of swindles involving Minnesota’s Somalian community, that ripped off taxpayers under the noses of the state’s Democratic politicians.
Bock was convicted in March 2025 on multiple counts, including wire fraud, conspiracy, and bribery, but has maintained that she did not knowingly participate in the scam and that she had tried to alert state officials.
“The notion that I’m personally responsible for all of it… is so frustrating. I’m the only white person out of 80 or 90 individuals [charged in the fraud]. I’m the only one that doesn’t speak the language,” Bock said.
“Aimee Bock and Salim Said took advantage of the Covid-19 pandemic to carry out a massive fraud scheme that stole money meant to feed children,” Acting U.S. Attorney Lisa D. Kirkpatrick said in a statement at the time. “The defendants falsely claimed to have served 91 million meals, for which they fraudulently received nearly $250 million in federal funds. That money did not go to feed kids. Instead, it was used to fund their lavish lifestyles. Today’s verdict sends a message to the community that fraud against the government will not be tolerated.”
Omar introduced the MEALS Act in 2020, which allowed the US Department of Agriculture to issue waivers of school-meal requirements during the pandemic,” according to the Post. “The waivers dramatically eased oversight of the federal programs by allowing restaurants to participate without any of the usual site inspections.”
According to the paper, Bock alleged that the Somalia-born Democrat “would personally step in whenever those waivers ran out, allowing the rampant fraud to continue.”
“There had been a couple of times early on that there were some gaps – a waiver would be set to expire on maybe the 15th of a month, and then the renewal didn’t kick in until the 1st,” she claimed. “Because of course this was supposed to be a short-term thing… we were supposed to be home for two weeks.”
“A lot of the sites were working directly with her, being that a lot of the operators were from the same Somali community,” Bock said. “There were a lot of people that had been reaching out to her office and staff — and I presume her personally — to work through some of those gaps with the waivers.”
The congresswoman told the Daily Mail that “the MEALS Act was signed into law by President Trump and passed with bipartisan support as part of a broader legislative package. Trump’s USDA Secretary set the regulatory framework during the rollout of the program. I have always championed feeding kids and will continue to ensure our children do not go hungry.”
In her statement to the UK-based outlet, Omar also said that “the moment this fraud came to light, I immediately sent a letter to the USDA Secretary demanding answers and accountability. As I stated from the beginning, stealing millions of dollars under the guise of feeding hungry children to bankroll lavish lifestyles and extravagant expenses is reprehensible.”
On Monday, the Star Tribune reported that prosecutors are seeking 50 years for Bock, the longest sentence of those convicted for the fraud.
- Jailed ‘mastermind’ of $250M COVID meal fraud says Ilhan Omar had to know about the scheme - May 19, 2026
- Retiring Pelosi snubs ‘pervert’ as choice to replace her - May 19, 2026
- Dem congressional hopeful looks to twerk her way to the House in raunchy videos, and the reviews are brutal - May 18, 2026
Comment
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.
