Reports on the whereabouts of the suspected Maine killer’s ex-wife and son during the rampage and subsequent manhunt added another layer to the tragedy.
Late Friday, the Androscoggin County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that Robert Card, the 40-year-old suspect wanted for the massacre of 18 people in Lewiston, Maine had been found dead from what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Shortly thereafter, the New York Post reported that the deceased’s ex-wife Cara Lamb, 39, and their 18-year-old son Colby, “were understood to be laying low while her ex-husband remained on the loose…” and that records of their divorce stipulated specific conditions regarding either party’s possession of firearms.
“Records show Card and Lamb were married in Brunswick on Oct. 1, 2005, and jointly filed for divorce citing irreconcilable differences, in Sagadahoc County court in 2007,” noted the newspaper before adding, “An amended version of the divorce agreement in 2013 included a requirement that stated: ‘It is further ordered that all guns in either party’s home shall be under lock and key during which time they are not being used.'”
View this post on Instagram
In addition to Lamb and her son not being present “at her listed address on Friday” while “a neighbor said he hadn’t seen her,” ABC News had reported the day after the massacre that the suspect’s family had been cooperating with law enforcement officials in attempting to track him down.
Sources had informed the outlet that Card’s sister believed the suspect may have been looking for an ex-girlfriend at the locations where the victims had been murdered, but it was unclear if that indicated Lamb or a different woman.
As previously reported, a search of Card’s home had led to the discovery of a note addressed to the man’s son which “Law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation” suggested did not contain a motive.
— BPR based (@DumpstrFireNews) October 27, 2023
While gun-grabbers saw fit to jump at the opportunity to fault the weapon rather than the person responsible for committing heinous acts against innocent civilians, the suspect’s mental condition and how it affected his legal right to possess a firearm had been raised in the wake of the tragedy.
As the Associated Press had indicated, “A bulletin sent to police across the country shortly after the attack said Card had been committed to a mental health facility for two weeks after ‘hearing voices and threats to shoot up’ a military base.’
The victims, which included a 14-year-old boy among them, were listed as: Tricia Asselin, 53; William Frank Brackett, 44; Thomas Ryan Conrad, 34; Michael R. Deslauriers II, 51; Max Hathaway, 35; Brian MacFarlane, 41; Meith Macneir, 64; Ronald Morin, 55; Peyton Brewer Ross, 40; Joshua Seal, 35; Arthur Fred Strout, 42; Lucille Violette, 73; Robert Violette, 76; Stephen Vozella, 45; Jason Adam Walker, 51; Joseph Lawrence Walker, 57; William Young, 44; and Aaron Young, 14.
The Post went on to add that Lamb had been contacted by phone, but that she had declined to comment.
DONATE TO AMERICAN WIRE
If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to American Wire News to help us fight them.
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.