U.S. Customs and Border Protection released a report over Christmas detailing a staggering number of encounters with illegal immigrants crossing into the US in November as Border Patrol agents are now asserting that they are overwhelmed and the border is out of control.
(Video Credit: Fox News)
The Border Patrol encountered 233,740 illegal immigrants in November alone and Title 42 has not ended yet. The number of migrants crossing and waiting to come over is almost apocalyptic.
“Today, even before the end of Title 42, apprehensions are eight times higher than manageable,” Brandon Judd, who is the president of the National Border Patrol Council, wrote in an opinion piece for Fox News on Dec. 20.
“The 233,740 encounters in November 2022 is the third highest monthly total on record, behind the record 241,136 monthly encounters in May and 235,785 in April,” CNS News is reporting. “It is up one percent from October’s elevated level of 231,294. But it’s up 33.68 percent from 174,845 a year ago November; and up 224.13 percent from 72,113 in November 2020.”
Illegal immigration has exploded since Joe Biden became president, but it is hardly surprising after he stated in a debate in September 2019, “I would, in fact, make sure that there is — we immediately surge to the border all those people who are seeking asylum. They deserve to be heard. That’s who we are. We’re a nation that says, you want to flee, and you’re fleeing oppression, you should come.”
A reminder, these numbers do not include known gotaways. CBP sources tell us there were at least 73,000 known gotaways in the month of November alone. These are people who are detected or seen, but there is no manpower to get to them for capturer. @FoxNews
— Bill Melugin (@BillFOXLA) December 24, 2022
“Individuals from Mexico and northern Central America accounted for just 30% of unique encounters in November, a significant drop from the 53% they represented a year ago, as more migrants arrive from a variety of other countries, including Cuba and Nicaragua,” CBP Acting Commissioner Troy Miller commented in a news release that was sent out on Friday before Christmas.
According to the CBP, the number of people fleeing “failing communist regimes in Nicaragua and Cuba” is rising.
BREAKING: CBP sources tell FOX News over Christmas weekend – 12/23 – Sun 12/25 – 16,476 Total Encounters – of which 2,150 were expelled under T42 – 14,326 being released…
Broken down by sector:
Del Rio – 4,144
El Paso – 3,333
Yuma – 2,577
RGV – 2,385
— Griff Jenkins (@GriffJenkins) December 26, 2022
However, Venezuelans who are part of that group, are now arriving in far fewer numbers as a result of the migration enforcement process that includes expulsions to Mexico. Encounters with Venezuelans have dropped from approximately 1,100 a day to roughly 100 a day in November. CBP claims stricter policies are working.
The breakout of the encounters in November includes 68,044 from Cuba or Nicaragua, which comprises 35% of unique encounters.
(Video Credit: Fox News)
CBP is reporting:
- Two-thirds (67 percent) of all southwest land border encounters were single adults, with 157,202 encounters in November, a 1.3% decrease compared to October.
- 66,984 encounters, 29% of the total, were processed for expulsion under Title 42. 166,756 encounters were processed under Title 8.
- 59,147 encounters involving single adults (38% of all single adult encounters) were processed for expulsion under Title 42, with 98,055 processed under Title 8 (62% of all single adult encounters).
- 7,674 encounters involving family unit individuals (12% of all family unit individuals) were processed for expulsion under Title 42, with 55,489 processed under Title 8 (88% of all family unit individuals).
- Encounters of unaccompanied children increased 9.4%, with 13,150 encounters in November compared with 12,024 in October. In November, the average number of unaccompanied children in CBP custody was 597 per day, compared with an average of 491 per day in October.
- Encounters of family unit individuals increased by 5.6% from 59,805 in October to 63,163 in November, which is a 28% decrease from the peak of 87,461 in August 2021.
The number of illegal immigrants is set to exponentially increase with the end of Title 42. A massive surge at the border is expected.
(Video Credit: Fox News)
Get the latest BPR news delivered free to your inbox daily. SIGN UP HERE
DONATE TO AMERICAN WIRE
If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to American Wire News to help us fight them.
- ‘It would be insane for the Republicans to pick a fight over the debt limit’, Marc Thiessen warns - January 27, 2023
- Disney courts big spenders while tickets are increasingly out of reach for many families: report - January 27, 2023
- Canadian pastor repeatedly jailed for defying ‘COVID tyranny’ will face trial for the final time - January 27, 2023
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.