Dr. Mehmet Oz, who is running for Senate in Pennsylvania, is looking to do what he can to debate his Democratic opponent, John Fetterman.
Fetterman revealed on Tuesday that he has no plans to attend a debate with Oz scheduled for the first week of September, citing a recent stroke and recovery. Oz’s campaign released a series of “concessions” they are willing to make for Fetterman, some of which were clearly jabs at his political platform.
— Sy Snyder (@PoliticsPA) August 30, 2022
- Doctor Oz promises not to intentionally hurt John’s feelings at any point.
- We will allow John to have all of his notes in front of him along with an earpiece so he can have the answers given to him by his staff, in real time.
- At any point, John Fetterman can raise his hand and say “bathroom break!”
- If the topic of his pardoned murderers comes up, we will allow extra time for him to explain that second-degree murder is “not as bad as” first-degree murder.
- We will pay for any additional medical personnel he might need to have on standby.
A note at the end from Brittany Yanick, Dr. Oz’s communications director, accused Fetterman of being “afraid of debating” the Republican candidate.
Fetterman hit back at the list, claiming it shows that Oz made it “abundantly clear that they think it is funny to mock a stroke survivor.” He also called the debate a “farce” and again declined to participate.
“I will not be participating in a debate the first week of September, but look forward to having a productive discussion about how we can move forward and have a real conversation on this once Dr. Oz and his team are ready to take this seriously,” said the Democrat.
Oz’s campaign is left to ponder the eternal question: “If not now, when?”
“We heard John Fetterman won’t debate Oz in the ‘first week of September’. Ok, so when will he debate? He won’t ever say – not even in his latest whiny statement. John Fetterman’s campaign is insulting the intelligence of Pennsylvania voters,” read a statement from Yanick for the Dr. Oz campaign released Tuesday night.
It is unclear what will become of the scheduled debate if one of the politicians refuses to show up.
DONATE TO AMERICAN WIRE
If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to American Wire News to help us fight them.
- ‘Medical terrorist’ doctor accused of injuring patients, killing colleague by intentionally poisoning IV bags - September 27, 2022
- Judge orders woman to hand over nude ‘boudoir’ photos to ex-husband: ‘Violating and incredibly embarrassing’ - September 27, 2022
- ‘It’s alarming’: New Orleans police hiring civilians to respond to non-emergency 911 calls - September 27, 2022
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.