Former Capital police officer Michael Fanone claims ‘democracy’ not a priority for Kevin McCarthy

Following the leak of a Jan. 10th conversation in which GOP House leader Kevin McCarthy, contrary to his previous claims, contemplated the idea of suggesting to then-President Donald Trump that he should resign, McCarthy has been under attack from all sides of the political spectrum, including, now, from former D.C. Metro Police officer turned CNN analyst, Michael Fanone.

Fanone joined CNN anchor Jim Acosta Saturday to discuss new court filings from the January 6 investigative committee and the state of D.C. leadership, specifically that of Kevin McCarthy.

“I believe that Donald Trump, his surrogates, incited violence that day, and that their words resulted in the insurrection at the Capitol as we all saw it,” Fanone stated.

Fanone called the actions of McCarthy and Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) “embarrassing” in a time “where so many of us Americans, myself included, are inspired by the actions of President Zelenskyy.”

“I look at our politicians and our elected leaders, and I think to myself: What, this is the best we’ve got? This is it? You know, people like Marjorie Taylor Greene and Kevin McCarthy. I mean, they just — it’s just unreal,” Fanone said.

“Yeah,” agreed Acosta. “And Michael, former President Trump is standing behind McCarthy, the House minority leader, despite this audio of McCarthy bashing Trump on this call with his other Republican colleagues in the days after the January sixth attack.”

As previously reported in American Wire News, McCarthy could be heard on the audio footage telling then-House Republican Conference chair Liz Cheney that he was “seriously thinking” of having a conversation with Trump about resigning.

“I haven’t talked to him in a couple of days,” McCarthy said. “From what I know of him, I mean, you guys all know him too, do you think he’d ever back away?”

“But what I think I’m going to do is I’m going to call him,” McCarthy continued. “This is what I think.”

In response to the audio clip, Fanone said, “I mean, unfortunately again, it’s not surprising. This is the caliber of politician that we have in this country today.”

“Kevin McCarthy, I — again, I don’t know what’s worse,” Fanone continued, “some of the fringe members of Congress that never accepted the reality of January 6, or someone like Kevin McCarthy, who is acutely aware of what happened that day, the violence that day, attributed blame to former President Trump, and then, you know, for political purposes, has now reversed course and decided that, you know, him being Speaker or potentially being Speaker is way more important than our democracy.”

Meanwhile, Trump appears to have forgiven McCarthy.

“He made a call. I heard the call. I didn’t like the call,” Trump told the Wall Street Journal. “But almost immediately as you know, because he came here and we took a picture right there — you know, the support was very strong.”

“I think it’s all a big compliment, frankly,” Trump said of those Republicans who criticized him yet continued to back him. “They realized they were wrong and supported me.”

DONATE TO AMERICAN WIRE

If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to American Wire News to help us fight them.

Thank you for your donation!
Melissa Fine

PLEASE JOIN OUR NEW COMMENT SYSTEM! We love hearing from our readers and invite you to join us for feedback and great conversation. If you commented with us before, we do need you to re-input your email address for this. The public will not see it and we do not share it.

Notify of
guest
27 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
stevenl
stevenl
20 days ago

He should be fired as soon as repub control H & S.
Jan 6, a sequel to the Russia hoax!
The rinos and colluding dinos were fully aware of what was planned for the 6th.
They planned it for they controlled police, DOJ & FBI.

ROYSTOLL2
ROYSTOLL2
21 days ago

Obviously this Capitol Police Officer was one of the ones behind the January 6, “False Flag Attack”. What they forget is PRESIDENT TRUMP had absolutely no motive in “storming” the Capitol Building as the Senators and Representatives had already started CONSTITUTIONALLY filed objections to the fraudulently certified election results which should have guaranteed that the election would have gone to him as the fraud was exposed, as it is being done even now. On the other hand, Nancy Pelosi, who absolutely hates Trump, had every reason and the motive to call of John Sullivan, the ANTIFA-BLACK LIVES MATTER liaison with the Pelosi and the Democrat Party, to set a trap for Trump to finish him off politically. They invited the BLM-ANTIFA soldiers to come to the Capitol Building, dressed in Trump Paraphernalia (I saw one of the invitations), so that real Trump supporters would be blamed for the damage. IN FACT, they called it “THE DUMP TRUMP FOR GOOD” event. We have the goods on them in video, FBI reports, sworn eyewitness testimony, identified BLM-ANTIFA soldiers being let in before the Trump supporters were. Suddenly they disappeared after ASHLI BABBIT was murdered and were never charged although they arrested John Sullivan, charged him and let him go. There you have it.

ConservativePill
ConservativePill
22 days ago

The three McRINOS need to go, McConnell McCarthy and McDaniel.

Robert
Robert
22 days ago

I’m not a McCarthy fan, but I read the transcript of what he actually said and what the media is trying to say he said and the media overhyped it and made it sound like McCarthy was leading a rebellion. It’s clear he was addressing questions about the situation and what some actions could be, and we know they were not taken.

RayMan
RayMan
22 days ago

Hey Michael. Democracy is not a priority for whole Deep State Toxic Septic Sewer Waste System, aka the Swamp. Most of DC could give a carp about the rights of citizens. The emphasis is on the dollar bill – for them, campaign contributors, lobbyists, and cronies.

syko
syko

Fan One? Really?

hadenuf
hadenuf
22 days ago

From what I have heard and the testimony he made a fool of himself giving, I have no faith in this clown of Pelousy’s.

Jeff Merrell
Jeff Merrell
22 days ago

So, one of Nancy’s personal goon squad want to take on Donald Trump. Anyone who rubs elbows with Jim Acosta loses credibility and should be very careful in a battle of wits with the former President. You know he has to be trustworthy, though, since he went straight from the goon squad to CNN, always a fair and knowledgeable news source…BWAHAHAHA!

Buzz Lightyear
Buzz Lightyear
22 days ago

Please tell me…… with WHAT AUTHORITY and EXPERTISE does this fake cop get off injecting what HE thinks about McCarthy OR ANYTHING ELSE for that matter !!!! ? Fug that cop wannabe. What kind of BS story was this !! ?

TEXASTOUGH
TEXASTOUGH
22 days ago

McCarthy was hand picked by Paul Ryan who was hand picked by John Boehner All swamp Rats

Protondo
Protondo
Reply to  TEXASTOUGH

Basically, if they have name that starts with “Mc” then we have to be VERY careful.

McConnell – McCain – McCarthy

Do you trust ANY of these pukes? I don’t.

Ulysses
Ulysses
22 days ago

Fanone is a hypocritical whiny cowardly presstitute fellator of liberal trash; Michael Leroy Byrd is a black pos cowardly racist murderer who deliberately killed an unarmed conservative white woman and was hidden by Pelosi for over a year but is back with a promotion.

ROYSTOLL2
ROYSTOLL2
21 days ago
Reply to  Ulysses

He was also in BLACK LIVES MATTER which I am sure was just a coincidence. It was premeditated as he was standing there set up waiting for her to fall or get pushed through the window. Here is the big question: Why did the two Capitol Police officers that were guarding the door leave right before the shooting? To me, it was planned.

YoungDuck
YoungDuck
22 days ago

The problem is Fanone is not believable. When you lie about an “insurrection” on Jan 6, you expose yourself as a nut case. Every political candidate in this country has the RIGHT to question an election, ask Al Gore & Hillary & Stacy Abrams. And at no point….NONE….did anyone in the Trump circle suggest violence. Add to that we already know the FBI was behind the kidnapping attempt on Gov Whitmer to whip up political anger, and the FBI has admitted they were planted in the Jan 6 crowd, with videos showing the Capitol Police OPENING the doors to protesters….so until a whole lot of questions are answered about the dirty tricks, Fanone is blowing…smoke.

Protondo
Protondo
Reply to  YoungDuck

Yep. That is why Piglousy won’t release the tapes from that day. It would exonerate everyone the Left has targeted.

Release the Jan 6 tapes!

lelandcandyman@libertea.us
Trusted Member
lelandcandyman@libertea.us
Reply to  Protondo

Release the Jan. 6 political prisoners being held in the Capital Gulag.
MAGAA Trump 2024 (or sooner)

Pete
Pete
22 days ago

Dems think they’ll weaken the republicans by exposing RINOs like McCarthy it just might take the Dems to point out RINOS because the unspoken rule is never call each other out whether your a dem or republican that’s why both parties are afraid of Trump he doesn’t follow the SWAMP rules

jackyjoe15
jackyjoe15
22 days ago

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. I don’t care who exposes this guy. Trump is playing this well. Let shit sort itself out. More positive signs for the electorate. This will flip on the left, like it always does.

sam o. shiite
sam o. shiite
22 days ago

Hey, cop!—your 15 seconds of ‘fame’ are over…..! Find a “cry room” and bawl your eyes out!

Biya
Biya
22 days ago

Have really heard all I need to hear about McCarthy – has been building up for some time as things leak out about him. I hope the true Republicans get rid of the Rinos of this party in 2022. McCarthy should not be speaker at all. Along with him McConnell should be gone as well – him and his wife. Am quite sure there are more but these two really stick out! They certainly can not be trusted

Nancy
Nancy
22 days ago

This Fanone doesn’t believe a word he’s saying to Acosta and the ever-disappearing watchers of CNN. He wants to keep his job. Acosta says, come on my show and be a good boy.

Wolven
Wolven
23 days ago

I would say that Fanone is correct given we have a federal republic and not democracy.

dennodogg
dennodogg
23 days ago

Fanone is a political hack that has been discredited on several occasions with his “insurrection” b.s. stories. As he perjuriously ” testified” in the sham, marxist democrat congress hearings about being in uniform and observing all ” the horrors” of that day, numerous pictures of him surfaced at the capitol, mixed in with the crowds, and in plain clothes. He’s an opportunistic liar that is as full of schumer as byrd, and the rest of those capitol hacks on that sham “police department.”

Patrick Kennedy
Patrick Kennedy
Reply to  dennodogg

This illadvised new comments section just informed me that I had already voted a plus for this message even though I had done nothing of the kind. This site can’t even give the regular users an explanation for the disastrous changes they have made. The new format actually discourages replies and debates over content. Not exactly an endorsement for open debates. It’s easy to see by the huge decrease in the number of replies and comments since it has been implemented ( and in some cases there are no precisions to even enter a reply).
The whole change is just stupidity in action!

Seenitbeenthere
Seenitbeenthere
23 days ago

X Capitol PD got his 15 minutes of fame & now thinks he’s with the big league.

CARCOLLECTOR
CARCOLLECTOR
23 days ago

This X Capitol Cop is the next thing to an ILLITERATE !! He was a JOKE after Jan 6 and he’s a BIGGER JOKE now !! As for McCarthy………There is NO BIGGER Rino than him in the Pepublican Party !! VOTE HIM OUT ASAP !

Stephen Russell
Stephen Russell
23 days ago

McCarthy is the real RINO, thanks to verify

Latest Articles