Faced with possible incarceration, Peter Navarro laid out his intent to fight the “SOBs” who are using the Justice Department “to keep Trump out of” office.
“Everybody in that friggin’ White House…is facing massive legal bills and possible prison time…”
Following his conviction on criminal contempt of Congress after choosing not to comply with a subpoena from the partisan Jan. 6 Committee, the former trade adviser to then-President Donald Trump joined NewsmaxTV’s Eric Bolling Monday to speak to his case.
After the host of “The Balance” reminded viewers that former Attorney General Eric Holder had not faced conviction when he was charged with contempt in 2012 for withholding internal DOJ documents subpoenaed by the House, his guest spoke to his resolve to not “lay down and lose this fight.”
“No, we’re gonna win this fight. That’s why God created the appeals court,” Navarro told Bolling.
“This is a really interesting situation, Eric. I am literally the first senior White House adviser in the history of our entire republic ever to be charged with this alleged crime,” he asserted, “and there’s a good reason why it’s never happened.”
“It’s ’cause the Justice Department, [President Joe] Biden’s Justice Department, for more than 50 years has had an absolute policy against compelled testimony of people like me, i.e. alter egos to the president. I think it’s the grossest case, besides what they’re doin’ to Trump, of how Biden has weaponized the Department of Justice for partisan ends to interfere with the 2024 election,” he continued. “Now my big challenge now is I’ve got another half a million dollars to raise. I’ve already spent a half a million dollars on the case, but this will be appealed.”
As previously reported, Navarro, who served as the Director of Trade and Manufacturing Policy, was convicted by a Washington, D.C. jury last week on two counts with a maximum sentence of one year in prison for each along with a possible fine of up to $100,000.
— BizPac Review (@BIZPACReview) September 11, 2023
He asserted to Bolling that, due to Trump invoking executive privilege, it actually would have been against the law for him to comply with the subpoena.
“As soon as he did that it was not my privilege to waive by law. If I had waived the privilege, I could have been prosecuted for that!” argued Navarro. “And so what I told the prosecution and Congress, ad nauseam, repeatedly, ‘Hey, I’ll be happy to help you out, just go to Donald Trump and ask him to waive the privilege.’ Those SOBs, Eric, they never did. They never picked up the friggin’ phone to call the president. Instead, they stick me in leg irons, handcuffs, stick me with half a million dollars of legal bills and they attack the Constitution.”
Prior to his conviction, former Trump adviser Steve Bannon had also been found guilty of two counts of contempt of Congress for which he had been working to appeal a four-month sentence.
“It’s outrageous what they’re doing to me and everybody I worked with, Eric,” continued Navarro. “Everybody in that friggin’ White House that I went in with on 2017 January is facing massive legal bills and possible prison time because these SOBs want to keep Trump out of the White House. It’s just, it’s just wrong.”
In his own reaction to the conviction, Trump posted to Truth Social, “I can’t believe that these Fascist Monsters have so viciously gone after the great Peter Navarro for defying the totally partisan January 6th Unselect Committee of political Hacks and Thugs, who refused to go after Crazy Nancy Pelosi, and the reasons she and the Mayor of D.C. REJECTED 10,000 soldiers, which would have easily stopped any future security problems. His testimony wouldn’t have mattered, anyway, because the ‘Committee’ QUICKLY and ILLEGALLY DELETED & DESTROYED ALL EVIDENCE & FINDINGS!”
DONATE TO AMERICAN WIRE
If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to American Wire News to help us fight them.
- Finger-wagging Katie Couric bemoans NBC Trump interview: ‘He’s sexist and he rolls over women’ - September 23, 2023
- Roger Stone issues dire warning to Gaetz over support for DeSantis: ‘You created this monster…’ - September 23, 2023
- Woman who helped teen daughter abort baby, burn body receives 2 years behind bars - September 23, 2023
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.